Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here's what's happening with the Schmitt's

The movie was a blast. If you ever get the chance to participate in an outdoor movie night, jump at the opportunity. Bring your blankets, chairs, cooler filled with goodies and most importantly, good friends (thanks Janeen) . I don't think it even matters what movie is playing...it's the atmosphere that counts.

Wednesday afternoon, I met my buddy Shelly and my daughter Angie out by Kayak point and they picked me up via dingy and we went out fishing in Shelly's 34 foot boat. What a blast we had. Angie even caught her first fish...a salmon. She was so excited. But like all fishermen, she was mostly disappointed by the BIG fish that got away. She had it all the way up to the boat and before we could net it...it broke loose.

This morning Angie and I helped our family friends Dave and Val prepare for the final move out of their house. They have until tomorrow morning to get everything loaded. Dave and Val will be our guests for 3 days a week until their house in Plain, Washington is finished. They'll be sleeping in their trailer on our property...but I'll have them in the house visiting everyday :)

Nothing new in the health department. Just waiting for Rick's next procedure and for my hair to grow back. Surprisingly, I have about a 1/2 inch grow-out (and most of it is gray).

I'm trying my best to enjoy the next couple of months off from cancer treatment, so with that I'm also finding that I've been a little lazy in the blog category.

We're hoping to join our friends the Shaughnessy's up at their property on the Skagit River tomorrow. The girls have all gone up to the river tonight. Amy and Mel are going to set up the tent. Angie and Shannon are going to show them how to fish. I wish I was a mouse in the corner of the tent. Oh wait, there might already be a mouse in the corner of the tent...ick.

On Thursday, Megan finished (and passed) her last day in class at the University of Washington. For the next year she'll be working on her internship at various physical therapy locations. One private location, a nursing home, then a hospital. We're very proud of our little Dr. Megan.

Jake has been working in his classroom to get it ready for his next group of students. This year he'll teach 7th and 8th grade science, and 7th grade math. He starts coaching high school tennis on Monday. Let the fun begin. :)

This afternoon, my dear friend Pam became a grandma for the 3rd time. Her daughter and son in law, Erin and Cody had their first little son, Levi. He was 8lbs, 8oz and 20 inches long. Congratulations to all of you.

Ok, I think I've mentioned everything I could think of for the moment. In case I haven't said it lately, "the trouble with trouble is that it usually starts out as fun". Have a safe and happy weekend.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta tell you, my friend, just love the gray...... You tell me you like it on me, and I am sure I will LOVE it on you!!!

Join my club baby...........it's way easier!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Ensure you take your youngsters to the dental professional in an early age. These first trips sets the stage for the remainder of their daily life, and you would like them to examine going to the dental practitioner as an significant bi-annual occasion. You could start consuming your kids to discover the dental practitioner when they have teeth, along with their pediatrician should be able to make a recommendation to find the process started. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Microecw2347[/url]