Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Sunny Monday

Angie sent me a quote this morning that I thought was very fitting for the blog:
Don't regret growing older. It is a privilege denied by many. (anonymous)

This has been a very trying weekend at the Schmitt house. Rick has spent much of his time in bed. He's very fatigued, in pain, and just not himself. The doctor explained that once the chemo was shot into the liver, it eventually works it's way out to other organs or tissue in the body. He has pain near his shoulder (which they say is radiating pain) and the pain medicine just makes him confused so he doesn't like to take it. He says he's feeling better today but he isn't out of bed yet so we'll see how he's feeling once he's up and moving around.

Thankfully, the antibiotic my doctor prescribed on Wednesday hit the spot. I haven't had a fever since I started taking the prescription and I feel well (except for my heavy heart when I'm dealing with Rick).

The kids and my dad have been awesome. Stopping by to check on us, doing odd jobs while they're here. My dad stops by twice a day to feed the steers grain. I told him I could do it, but he says he likes helping out.

This morning my sister in law and nieces stopped by with some homemade cherry crisp (Dawn knows how much I love cherry desserts). It was good for my soul to see them. My little nieces, who refer to me as "Auntie" were freely handing out hugs and kisses. Dawn is careful not to bring the girls around when anyone has the sniffles or isn't feeling well.

My son is here now to visit so I'll have to say my good-byes. I have chemo tomorrow and Rick has it on Wednesday. I'll try to write something again tomorrow or if anything changes.

Keep Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dor,
Sorry to bother you here but couldn't find your email. Need to know if you're going to join the Wolfkill ladies in September as I'm ordering sweatshirts and need your size. Thanks lady, Dee