Monday, June 08, 2009

Photo Shoot





Today I had a little photo shoot with my friend Noel. She spent a couple of hours making me feel beautiful (with or without something on my head). I try to be the person on the side of the camera taking the photos...not the one in them...so the first few minutes seemed~oh, so uncomfortable. I've posted some pictures from today's adventure. Hope you like them.

This afternoon, Amy and I went to Mt. Vernon to sit with some friends at the hospital. Their mom/mother in law has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and they needed some 1st hand guidance. Those first few days after diagnosis are so scary. Ok, all the days are scary, but we just learn to adapt as time goes on. We were there to help ask some of the questions you wouldn't necessarily know if you didn't know much about lung cancer. I wish them all the best on this new journey their family will be taking.

Tomorrow is another busy chemo day. I'll get the 2nd part of my Gemzar/Taxotere treatment. I've got a busy weekend coming up with Pam's daughter's baby shower and 2 graduation parties. I hope this treatment doesn't knock me down too much. I'm a busy woman with things to do, places to go, people to see :)

It's getting late so I think I'll go fold some laundry and get ready for bed. 5:45am comes early for me. I have to be ready to leave by 6:30 and since I don't have any hair to fix...I can get up 15 minutes later than usual :)

Until tomorrow, Dream Big~
Dor

4 comments:

noel joy said...

you are one amazingly beautiful lady with a heart of gold. :) love you!

KCina said...

Love the photos...hey, I recognize Noel's picture now...LOL, I follow her blog too (scrapbookers, we all seem to have some connection) ...I forget that you both live up in Stanwood/C. Island....

Continuing to send virtual hugs and prayers to you all!

~ Kathy

Anonymous said...

Always beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What terrific pics. Especially love the one with the hat and your beautiful eyes....