Monday, May 18, 2009

Counting Sheep

Oh my goodness. It's 3:00am and I'm wide awake (just as I have been since I laid down at 11:00pm). I've watched all my TIVO'd shows, loaded and started the dishwasher, read a magazine (from front to the back, including advertisement pages), had a cup of tea (no caffeine), checked my e-mail and the list goes on. Since this new chemo, my body seems to never shut down. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no hurry for my body to "SHUT DOWN", but I wouldn't mind if it went in to sleep mode every evening.

I think my hair is having a calm before the "storm". For the past 4 days I've had a "good hair day" so I'm wondering if that's what happens right before it decides to fall out? Oh well, I guess after it's gone, all my days will be "good hair days".

I had a wonderful day today (Sunday). This morning Rick and I met my parents for breakfast, then I spent the afternoon (and early evening) with my sister in law, Vickie. We went to a movie, stopped at a few stores (where we found some great gifts ~ for ourselves), laughed and cried. We only live about 5 minutes apart from one another and we still don't get together often enough.

Jake came to the house today for a few hours and helped Rick run the weed eater and other odd jobs around the property that I knew he wanted to get done. It's not that Rick can't accomplish those tasks on his own, but having Jake here to help out saves him hours of strenuous work. When Rick works that hard anymore he's worn out for days and I don't think his body appreciates it :( Thanks Bud for helping out when you can (even when the Lakers and the Red Sox are on TV - I know that was a big sacrifice)

I've decided to put my Ipod on with some headphones, pick my favorite play list and crawl back into bed. Maybe my favorite music can help me get the shut eye I need.

Hugs and Kisses (I thought using the Dreaming Big line was a bit of a stretch since dreaming takes place while you're SLEEPING)
Doreen

No comments: