Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl :(

Well, the team I was rooting for didn't win, but it was a great game. I guess that's why they call it the SUPER BOWL. Angie has been sending text messages and photos...she is having the time of her life. We had a great time at Jake and Megan's today with her mom and dad, and Amy and Mel (who just got back from Mexico...and have the skin color of cocoa) The food was great, we yelled a lot, laughed even more, and even shed a tear or two for the Arizona Cardinals.

My mom is still feeling pretty good after her surgery, but we aren't done with the procedures they need to do to get all the gall stones out. Just one more body part I didn't care knowing about. Seriously, I could be a doctor. I've been saying it for months.....but I know boobs, butts, lungs, livers and now gallbladders more than I'd ever hoped to know about them.

In the past few weeks (since the pneumonia), I've noticed that I get winded more, or if I do too much without resting in between chores, I have coughing spells that I think are going to end up with coughing up a lung. Because my lungs are compromised they just don't heal as quickly so I have to put up with some of the consequences. The good part is that they still hold oxygen, they still allow me to laugh, and talk, and walk, and breathe. That's how I feel about my body too. I'm always complaining about my weight or how unhappy I am with the way I look, but I've decided that I love this body I'm in. It gets me where I'm going. It let's me do all the things I need and want to do. They still make clothes to fit me (so thankfully I don't have to go naked yet). We all need to think this way more often. Life is so much more fulfilling when you're living happily.

Let me leave you with this thought...

It's only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis. Make it a priority!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: