Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Updates

1st - I must thank Derby Photography for allowing us to post the wedding photos. They were an amazing group of women who took beautiful shots of the bride, groom, and the rest of the party.

2nd - Chemo went well for Rick and I yesterday. I slept for 6 hours while he got his chemo so I was actually awake to drive us home. That was a first.

3rd - My mom's gall bladder surgery went well, but they couldn't get all the stones out. So, today she had another procedure that I took her to where they went down her throat and into her small intestine, pancreas and bile duct looking for free floating stones. They were still unable to get them all. She will need to go to Seattle for a special kind of ultra sound to try and remedy this problem.

I got home from the hospital with my dad tonight at 8:30 and I'm exhausted. Tomorrow night I'll be spending the night in Seattle again because I have early morning chemo again. This week has been filled with a little too much excitement and it's only Wednesday.

Amy is finishing up a trip to Mexico and Angie is getting ready to head off to the SuperBowl. I'm so glad they take time to have fun. No one ever died saying....boy, I wish I hadn't had so much fun in my life!

Until tomorrow, Dream Big and Sleep well.
Love you bunches, Dor

3 comments:

KCina said...

As weird as this sounds...How can anyone not smile (no matter what the news is) when they read your blog! Doreen, YOU continue to AMAZE me!!! Your family is amazing, but seriously, your continued positive attitude and humor in all things is so refreshing and brings a smile to my face!!!

You are right, nobody every died saying they had too much fun!

Keep Dreaming Big and know that they are lots and lots of us out there in Relay/Blog-land continuing to keep all of you in our thoughts & prayers!!!

GO CARDINALS! Gosh, hope Angie is a Cardinals fan...I was on the fence about this one, but then I read more about Kurt Warner--he is one top class guy!

~ Kathy (Relay friend in Oregon)

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
You sure have some beautiful kids. These wedding pictures are awesome. Jake looks very happy and his bride (Megan) is very beautiful. I loved your family photo too. They had great photographers.
Take care and know that you are always in my prayers.
Dixie

Anonymous said...

We need for you to give us daily updates on Rick's status as well. Not much said about his condition on a regular basis.