Sunday, January 25, 2009

Glad to be home

First thing we did after we got home (and unloaded the SUV), Rick took be down to see my mom and dad. After talking with all the family members these past few days, I knew mom was feeling better, but I also knew they had released her to go home for a few days until they could get her surgery scheduled. What I needed...was to see her. And hug her. And scold my parents for not calling IMMEDIATELY. I brought mom a bouquet of tulips (since I couldn't find a sunflower anywhere in the state) and a box of campfire girl mints. (They aren't for her to eat, but I thought it would be a nice thing to offer her guests). Isn't it funny how just touching someone you love can make you feel better. That's how I'm feeling tonight. Relieved. Optimistic. Glad to be home.

We had a great time with Reid, Cathy, Bobby & Dy (minus the broken water pipe problem and the loose shingles). We all visited at our Uncle Mel and Aunt Jessie's new house, told lots of stories that some people will never live down and just had a genuinely nice time. We played board games, dice games, card games and liar's poker with a dollar bill at breakfast. (I LOST, surprise, surprise)

With all the help from our friends, we got the Desert Aire house cleaned up in no time, went out for breakfast, then headed home around 1:00pm. I can't wait to go back there again. I forgot how much I enjoy the peace and quiet (if that's what you're in the mood for), or the laughter and friendships (if that was on your agenda instead.) It's my Heaven away from Home

Love you more than all the goosebumps on my body right now. When we got home the temperature was in the 50's (inside...ugh). It's getting better now.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

No comments: