Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mild Case of Cabin Fever


When I look out my windows, this is what I see. A blanket of beautiful, white, glistening snow. It's hard not to love it...except when you're thinking about the list of un-purchased Christmas gifts you still have in your purse.
As I was taking a nice warm bath this afternoon (I have a lot of time on my hands now that I don't leave the house), I realized that I haven't even tried driving in the snow for over 20 years. I could be good at it by now. I think I might give it a try tomorrow. If you talk to any of my family members, please don't mention this brilliant idea. They might not be as excited about it as I am.
Although I'm scheduled for chemo tomorrow, my team of doctors and nurses have agreed that it's not worth risking my life on the freeway to have my infusion. If the snow melts overnight, they said they would hold my spot for me but otherwise they'll see me on Tuesday. I think that sounds like a great plan. I was a little anxious about missing it tomorrow because I'm going to be skipping next Friday as well. Dr. Eaton said not to worry. So, I won't.
The wedding is only 8 days away. I can hardly believe it's here already. Let's hope the weather cooperates and the snow starts melting soon.

Please be careful when you're out playing in this weather. Remember...the trouble with trouble...is that it usually starts out as fun.
Dreaming Big and Frozen,
Dor

No comments: