Sunday, October 26, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend





As much as I tried to talk myself out going on this trip to St. Louis (the timing wasn't exactly right) I am so happy I went. The people I met, the information I learned, the sites I saw....Wow! I think being around such motivated people who want to cure cancer was just where I needed to be before I start my new journey with the clinical trial.

Generally when I go to a new city I want to shop and go to touristy kinds of things, but this trip wasn't like that. When I did get a chance to leave the hotel conference rooms, I saw EVERYTHING. The buildings were beautiful, the fences and gates around those buildings were breathtaking, the trees and flowers and parks were gorgeous. I'm sure it's been like that when I've gone on other trips but apparently I was in too big of a hurry to notice. I'm going to attach photos of some of the things I SAW this weekend.

Tomorrow, Rick's sister Vickie is taking us to Seattle for appointments (most of the day), then tomorrow night we're meeting the girls at our hotel for pizza and Monday night football. Amy, Angie and Vickie will be with us on Tuesday while I'm getting my port and Rick is having chemo. Hopefully, we'll have a routine worked out before long.

Jake and Megan found an apartment in Lynnwood (conveniently located to the bus line for Megan's sake). Another thing off the list of important things to do before December 27th. The drive shouldn't be too bad for Jake since he'll be traveling against traffic. And, with gas at only $2.69 per gallon...it will almost be free to commute. :) Isn't it funny how we're so excited it's only $2.69? I remember when I swore I would NOT pay $1.00 per gallon. I would rather walk. How's that working for me?

Angie her way home from a wedding in Oregon and Amy, Mel and Jake are here watching the Seahawks with Rick. Oh, yeah, I forgot...I have to go now because I have things to do.

I promise we'll keep you posted on what's happening over the next couple of days, but don't worry....we have a plan to kick cancer's butt!

Love you more than all the amazing sites I saw in St. Louis!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you both this week. Good Luck keep laughing

Anonymous said...

Relayer from Vancouver, WA here :) I'm sure people have mentioned the joys of Emla cream, but if not, make sure you have that for your port for when you get "accessed" Really, no need to be in extra pain, and the stuff works awesome! I'd slap it on 45 mins before my appointment, and would only feel some pressure when they did the needle.......7 years later, my "Portie" lives in a pee cup on my desk with a pair of googlie eyes glued on.