Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday's Surprise

Since Rick and I got all our work done over here at the Desert and it's been pretty quiet, we decided to pack up our things and head home tonight. That was until we got a special afternoon surprise. My mom and dad loaded up their van and drove over to surprise us. We spent the afternoon playing games (I'm not a poor loser, but they all cheated and I didn't win once). After a day of fun and games, we went to the Sandtrap (our only restaurant at Desert Aire). We figured we could watch the Boston Red Sox game in the bar as well as have our dinner. The food was good and the Red Sox won.

Tonight, with our tummy's full, we're all winding down with our sudoku and crossword books until we get tired enough to go to bed. Except for me...I have a little blogging responsibility.

Before my parents got here today, Rick and I layed on the sofa and watched the movie "The Notebook". Make sure you have a box of tissues handy when you plug it in. I know what to expect each time I watch it, but I sob every time. I heard a line in the movie today that I'd never heard before. It said, "do you think our love can make miracles"? Rick and I both agreed, Yes, OURS CAN.

We'll be heading home in the early afternoon tomorrow. We have a busy week ahead of us.
I'll be spending all day Wednesday in Seattle for tests, then out to Camano on Thursday for the Cancer Lifeline lunch, then I'm off to St. Louis for and American Cancer Society event at 11:30 Thursday night until Sunday evening.

Ok enough rambling...I'll talk to you tomorrow. Hey did I mention that the weather is a perfect 70 degrees? Oh, how I love it over here.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: