Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm taking a little break...

Yesterday was a busy day working on the envelopes for the wedding with Megan, her Mom Debbie, Shannon the computer guru, and me...the supervisor.

Last night was the birthday celebration for my friend Jana. We went to a fun little place called the Relaxation Station. We were massaged by chairs, we also had water massage (we stayed dry...I can't really explain it very well), sat in comfy chairs with headphones and relaxing music while fresh oxygen surrounded us. We had appetizers, desserts, wine and lots and lots of laughter.

Today, Rick and I got up and decided to do some outside work before winter settles in. I've been cleaning out flower beds and cutting back old plants while Rick was out cutting wood from trees that fell on the property. When I finished my jobs, I decided to join him because he was looking really exhausted and I thought I might be able to help a little. What a joy for me (honestly). He taught me to use the chain saw (I think that may have been on my bucket list), I tried to split some logs after I cut them but after a few tries and lots of laughing, Rick says I cut wood like a play darts (dangerously). So, I just kept loading the pick-up after he cut and split it. We really had fun with each other. It was an eye opener for me however when I saw how quickly Rick tires from things he used to be able to do all day long. Cancer has taken it's toll on my husband's body.

Amy is here now helping her dad so I got a little break and I thought I would share my day with all of you. I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather we've been blessed with this weekend.

Keep dreaming big,
Dor

No comments: