Sunday, October 12, 2008

How's your health?

Today at the grocery store I stopped a few times to visit with folks I hadn't seen in a while. Each time I see an old friend, they always ask "how's your health"? I always give the canned answer that I learned from Rick, "Pretty Good". On my way home from the market I thought about that question a lot. "HOW'S MY HEALTH"? Here's what I've come up with. Health is not measured by having an illness...it's about having a life. My internal health might not be so good. But, my humor health is fabulous. My love health is wonderful. My attitude health couldn't be better. My hair health could use a little work but no one asks me about that. We are lucky to have so many other great things in our life to measure our health by: Happiness, laughter, well being, friendships & family.

After helping Rick yesterday as his "logger wife", I've decided that I don't want to be that when I grow up. Every joint, bone and muscle in my body hurt this morning when I woke up. But...I kept moving and the pain got better and better as the day went on. My neighbor Lynell and I even walked 5.2 miles this afternoon. Let's hope my sore body isn't met by shin splints in the morning or I'll be writing my next blog on my laptop, from my bed.

Tuesday is another big day. Rick has chemo. I have scans. Wednesday, it's scan report day. I've decided that worrying about this stuff only gives me wrinkles. So, starting tomorrow....my worrying days are over. I feel free already :)

Dreaming about a fabulous week,
Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this might be your best blog yet! I love the other sides of Health. I would agree with your humor health is GREAT!
I'll be praying for peace during your busy week, and maybe meet up thursday afternoon?

Anonymous said...

You should probably stick with Lager! ;)