Thursday, October 02, 2008

Coughing Spell

It's nearly 1:00am and I can't quit coughing so I got up to write a blog. At least when I'm coughing in the office, I'm not waking anyone up (or at least I don't see any action from the bedrooms). I'm assuming it's from the lung cancer :) Maybe I just have asthma? Just kidding :)

Tonight as I was reading about Paul Newman's death it said he died from cancer. Nothing specific. So I googled his name and asked what kind of cancer it was? Answer: Lung Cancer and he'd only been fighting the disease since June of 2008. My dear friend Angie, just lost her dad last week from lung cancer as well. These are the days when I feel so blessed that I was young and had a sense of humor when I was diagnosed. I believe my attitude (and a million prayers) are the reason I'm still here today.

Rick had a pretty good day today. He's lost his appetite a little and is pretty fatigued by the end of the day, but other than that...he's doing fabulous.

I'm going to take a few pills to see if I can get the coughing to settle down, have a hot cup of tea and prop my head up. If this doesn't work, I'll be back writing a new blog around 3:00am.

I need my rest because I'm hoping to can peach salsa tomorrow. MMMM, MMMM, Good!

Wide Awake (no dreaming tonight)
Dor

No comments: