Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is Here

This clinical trial might get the best of ME. We were suppose to be in Seattle at 8:00am for Rick's PET scan, but at 6:47am I rolled over and looked at the clock. We'd slept right through the alarm. That was a first for us. Thankfully, we don't worry too much about beauty...took the quickest showers known to man, got dressed and were on the road by 7:04. We called the UW to let them know we might be late and they told us not to worry, just get there safely.

That is NOT my favorite way to start a day. The rest of the day went along as planned thank goodness and we left Seattle Cancer Care just in time for the afternoon traffic :) Some days, you're the windshield...some days you're the bug.

We don't and won't know how the clinical trial is working for at least another month. We do know that his tumor marker (called CEA) is still growing. The doctor's don't seem alarmed by it, so we've opted not to get worked up about it either for the time being.

While Rick was in having his PET scan, I went to Starbucks at University Village and took over a table. I have some exciting opportunities coming my way this month so I was arranging flights, hotels, and calling all the people who are making these opportunities happen. On the 23rd I'm going to be on a question and answer panel put on by Cancer Lifeline (being hosted by Camano Chapel where they will serve a nice lunch to anyone who signs up to attend). Then I'm leaving at 11:50pm that night to fly to St. Louis where I'll be part of a forum for American Cancer Society. I'll be attending a 2 day workshop where I hope to learn a ton of things that I can share with all of you.

To all my breast cancer buddies...THIS IS YOUR MONTH. Stay healthy and happy. To those of you who've been putting off getting a mammogram...consider this your warning. Screenings Save Lives.

I just flipped my calendar (which you all know I love to do...that means one more month has passed). I'm going to leave you with my calendar's saying for the month.

Live in each season as it passes. Breathe the air. Drink the drink. Taste the fruit.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Dor, wii just signed up at www.armyofwomen.org to help in the research/fight/cure against breast cancer...stop IT before you get it....