Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday Night Football

Everyone is feeling good at the Schmitt's. Rick has had a lot of energy lately and wants to take complete advantage of it since he isn't quite sure what to expect after his next round of the clinical trial.

I had big plans to iron every shirt in our house today....The mission did not get accomplished...however, I made a dent. Pam came over for a nice lunch on the porch. Amy came over this afternoon and we had a nice little visit before Angie, Jake and Rick all got home. I invited everyone over for a BBQ and Monday Night Football. They've all gone home now and I'm ready for bed. Oh wait, it's not even 8:00pm. I guess I could iron a few more shirts :)

The crying is getting better. Perhaps my survivor's guilt is wearing off. I am so happy and thankful to be alive and feeling well. But for some unknown reason, I also have this guilt that I can't shake because "I'm alive and feeling well". It's sounds ridiculous, but then isn't cancer ridiculous?

I'm looking forward to my little trip to Reno for the American Cancer Society's convention. I'm sure it will be an empowering and informative event.

If you haven't done so yet, buy yourself a bouquet of sunflowers. Morgan brought me a bundle and I can't stop smiling when I look at them. Sunflowers heal whatever is ailing you. I promise.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

KCina said...

Can't wait to see you in Reno! Looking forward to having you at the TOP FUN-draiser breakouts!

~ Kathy C.
Relay friend in Hillsboro, OR