Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Waiting for Results

Scan day was pretty uneventful. We arrived in Seattle at 7:30 this morning where Rick had blood work done then had to drink 2 bottles of icky tasting contrast before his CT scan. Like usual, he tried to get me to drink some of it (no such luck). Rick's scans are always with a contrast so they can measure the growth (or shrinkage) of his tumors better. Oh, how I wish I didn't know about all this stuff! No results until Thursday. I'll let you know...as soon as I hear something.

I booked my flight tonight for the Relay for Life Summit in Reno this year. Because I have a team that raised over $20,000, I've been invited to this special event (as a top fundraiser in our region). I'm excited to meet the amazing people my daughters have talked about all year.

After my long weekend and a busy day today, I ended up taking a nap this afternoon. Oh, how I wish I were 3 again and it was mandatory to "rest" in the afternoon. I feel refreshed...perhaps I'll do that more often.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

KCina said...

Continuing to send "happy thoughts" your direction!

Can't wait to see you in Reno. I'm on the Top Fundraiser sub-committee for Summit and we've got some great things in store for all your wonderful TOP FUNdraisers!!!

Take care!
~ Kathy (Relay friend in Hillsboro)