Monday, July 21, 2008

Two days for the price of one

Yesterday was a long one...we left Desert Aire around 12:30 and decided to take the long route home to see our friends Dave and Val at their property in the woods, near Leavenworth. The property is so peaceful (except for the bears...luckily we didn't run into any). It's nice to be able to visualize their little piece of peace and quiet. The next time they talk about it, it will all make sense.

After a long drive, stopping for burgers at Zeke's in Index, we made it home just in time to unload the car, start some laundry and head to bed.

This morning I got up early and called my neighbor at 6:45 so we could start our walk early. Seriously, I love getting up early, walking and talking with my dear friend (I'm pretty sure our jaws are getting a very good workout too), smelling the fresh morning air, and being home by 9:00am.

I took Rick's dad to the doctor again today for a little check up. He seems to be feeling better (or at least good enough to be out haying when the sun is shining). How do you stop an 83 year old man from doing what he's done all his life without using duct tape to hold him down? Please send suggestions...ASAP.

Last week I did a little car shopping with Jake (not much success...and I'm a pushover with the salesmen) so today when Rick went to Mt. Vernon to do blood work, Jake rode along and the boys shopped for a car without me. Jake had test driven, researched, and calculated purchasing a Honda Civic so he was pretty prepared when he got to the negotiations. He came home this afternoon with nice shiny black car that gets at least 30 miles to the gallon.

Physical therapy is going well. I've only had 3 or 4 treatments and I can already feel a big difference. A few more treatments and hopefully I won't be needing that cortisone injection after all.

Tomorrow is chemo day for Rick, so it's bedtime for this sleepy girl. Rick is still outside putzing around but I need to get my beauty sleep. As a matter of fact, I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: