Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quick Update

Chemo went well for Rick today. He's only had that one really bad experience. Let's hope the problem was just a bad batch of chemicals and it won't happen again.

I had an appointment today as well. As usual, I'm still fabulous. Ok, the doctor didn't say that, but I said it for him and he couldn't help but agree. I have a scan again next month, but for now I'll put the thought of it on the back burner and just think about tomorrow. And the next day...and the day after that.

When I was done with my appointment and Rick was upstairs at SCCA asleep on the infusion bed, I met up with my good friend Kim for moral support before and after her mammogram. Everything turned out great. She doesn't have to go back for a year. That's what I like to hear.

After coming home and resting for a little, we ventured out for a drive (do people still actually go for "drives" now that gas is over $4 a gallon?). We ended up at Rick's brother Jeff and his wife Dawn's house. What was supposed to be a little visit turned into "playing hospital" with Darlena, Uncle Rick pushing her on the swing set, and watching the end of the Mariner game. We just got home. Oops, we should have been in bed a long time ago.

I didn't sleep well last night and I hit a brick wall this afternoon around 5:00pm. I'm surprised that my eyes are still open.

Dreaming with my eyes half-open. Or, is that half-closed?
Doreen

No comments: