Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've got a Tummy Ache

That was so 3rd grade of me....Tummy Ache? Ok. You know what I mean. Upset stomach. So, while Rick and Jake are out haying, I'm going to take a nice hot bath, turn on some tunes, light a few candles, and get ready for a good night's rest. Now that I've been getting up so early in the morning to go walking, I'm ready for bed at a regular time. What a concept.

Chemo went very well again this time. Hallelujah! The neuropathy can get really intense and Rick can't stand being cold (side effect of chemo), so thank goodness the weather has been cooperating. One more chemo treatment and then Rick has a scan again. Let's hope and pray this round has been making some progress.

As I sit here at my computer with the kitchen window open, I'm looking out at all the flowers blooming, the hummingbirds buzzing around, the birds chirping and I can't help but smile to think how lucky we are. I try hard not to take advantage of those wonders of life. In my favorite song "Dream Big", there is a line that says "when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself and it will help you feel ok". Oh, how those lyrics ring true :)

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: