Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Summer is here :)

I love that summer is finally here. I know the calendar has indicated summer for the past few weeks, but now it's starting to feel like it.

When we got to Seattle this morning, they postponed Rick's chemo for a little bit. He has developed some little red spots on his legs, feet and ankles. I guess that can be a sign of low platelets, but in Rick's case, they were just appearing because of his blood thinner. Once they got it all figured out, they started the treatment and he was out of bed by noon and on our way home.

When we got to the Cancer Care today, a friend ,Barb was there having her treatment as well. Since Jake came along to spend some quality time with his dad, I sat and visited with Barb while the boys bonded. It's always nice to get other people's perspectives on how they live. Barb has been fighting this battle for over 4 years and by the sounds of it, she has been living it up as well.

I'm suppose to be doing an interview with a radio station tomorrow. I'm just going to do it over the phone so I don't know what time it's going to air. Once I know when and where it takes place I'll let you know (unless I sound completely ridiculous...then I'll forget to mention it again).

Rick has been resting since we got home, and I've been doing the same. Thank goodness I'm doing a piece on the radio instead of TV. Otherwise, I would have needed to start the beauty sleep on the way home this afternoon.

I have a dear friend who has been re-diagnosed with an aggressive skin cancer recently. She goes in for surgery tomorrow so please put her in your prayers. I'm getting tired of cancer hurting the ones I love. We really need to find an immunization, or better yet "A CURE" . Is anyone else getting sick of the C-word?

Love you more,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so tired of cancer, i hate the word ! i lost my dad and now my husband is going thru it, every treatment it makes me want to push harder for that cure or treatment that will make it disappear.