Friday, July 11, 2008

My purpose

I did my little radio stint and apparently some friends and family heard it (I hope I didn't embarrass you or sound like a goober). I couldn't even tell you what I said, but as usual...I'm sure I was rambling on. Good luck tomorrow, Bellingham. I'll be rooting you on!

This morning I got an e-mail from a "big sister" in Northern Virgina who was looking for guidance for her younger sister who has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I'm not sure I have any words of wisdom, but I was so honored that they have been reading my blog and following our story. Just the love of her family will definitely be an added bonus for this courageous woman. It's times like this when I just get MAD at CANCER.

Throughout the "Schmitt Creek Battle" I've always wondered, what is the purpose of this craziness? Then, during weeks like this, when someone needs my advice, or shoulder, or love...It all makes sense. I'm suppose to help others down this path with a little less pain than they might otherwise have had.

I have not even seen my friend Cathy since her daughter's wedding and I was definitely needing a friendship fix. So, she stopped by and picked me up this morning and we had a wonderful day together. Tonight, Rick and I took my mom and dad out for dinner. They are a constant means of support for us whenever we need it. If we're gone for the weekend, my dad becomes Farmer Bob. He feeds cows, takes care of our plants, pets the neighbor dog... We thought we should show them our gratitude and love with a little dinner date.

Rick has gone over to his dad's farm to give a hand with haying tonight. He promised me he wouldn't over do it, but I'll be the judge of that when he gets home. I've got a bit of a headache again, so I'm going to bed early to see if I can sleep it off.

Dreaming Bigger than ever,
Dor

No comments: