Monday, June 23, 2008

Wide Awake

It's after 3:00am and I'm still awake from the drive home from Eastern Washington. Vickie and I left around 7:30pm tonight and were expected back home by 11:00. (She was such a help painting, sanding, cleaning, and much...much more. I'm going to keep her) After stopping for dinner and a detour (or two) we got home around 11:30pm. I went straight to bed (I was pooped from another long busy weekend) but my mind decided to stay up. So, here I am...on the computer trying to find something witty to say to all of you.

I told Rick when I got home tonight that my next trip to Desert Aire is for relaxation, ONLY. We've put too many hours into hard work the last few times over there. I'm ready to read a book, lay in my new hammock, and enjoy the sunshine.

We have grapes (edible green ones - not the tart red ones for wine) growing all over our new house. I can't wait for them to be ready for the picking. I may have to go over every weekend just to check on them.

It's chemo week again, so keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Rick has blood work tomorrow then chemo on Tuesday. I really hope his body handles it better this time around. I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor while Rick is having his infusion. Oh, the fun times we have at Seattle Cancer Care. Honestly, the care we get in Seattle is worth all the traffic, gas and time we have to encounter.

Love you more than all the sheep I've counted tonight...

Staring into space,
Dor

No comments: