Monday, June 23, 2008

Mess Around Monday

After weeks of wild, crazy, madness (I may have exaggerated a bit) I was invited to join my friend Cathy and her daughter Anna for a laid back afternoon having ice cream and talking about wedding plans. (Anna gets married this weekend) We really did have a nice time and before we
knew it, we'd been gone over 4 hours. Oops, no work got done today.

Once chemo is done tomorrow (and Rick is feeling good - positive thinking) we are heading back to Everett to meet his siblings and taking his dad to his cardiologist. Hopefully they have a plan to repair the leak in his heart valve. He hates taking pills, but I can't imagine that heart surgery would be a pleasant option. We'll just have to wait and see.

Rick sounds anxious tonight about tomorrows plans. He had such a bad experience last time that his mind can't let go of that. He's had 3 full weeks off from his last treatment and I think he'll do fine. His body has recovered, his counts should all be great, and he seems rested and ready to take on the fight again. Oh, and I like to believe only the best will happen.

I'm hoping for some direction from the orthopedic doctor tomorrow. I've had every test available to make sure I don't' have any spreading cancer, now I just want physical therapy, or more massage, or a prescription for a jacuzzi. I'm thrilled that my problem isn't cancer related, but I'll be much happier when I don't have this pain in my rear (literally).

I know it's only 7:30pm, but my lack of sleep is catching up with me. I think I'm going to put my jammies on and get into bed. If I start to read a book or watch some TV, I'll probably be sound asleep in 5 minutes.

Dreaming (soon I hope) Big,
Dor

No comments: