Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Photo Album









I try very hard to write a blog every day, but I'm so distracted by LIVING, that I sometimes forget.

Yesterday I had an MRI of my pelvis. I'm happy to say they didn't find any metastasizes in my hip or the surrounding areas. We still don't know what the hip problem IS, but I'm grateful that we know what it ISN'T. Dr. Eaton's nurse Karen reminded me today that just because you have cancer doesn't mean you can't get the measles. Or a herniated disc. Or a bad haircut. Her point...Our body doesn't have a limit to what it gets. It doesn't care if you already have an ailment. So, I guess we'll keep looking for the culprit of the hip pain and be thankful the cancer hasn't spread.

I'm still smiling from my amazing weekend. When I think of all the hard work and effort that goes into any event of this nature, I can't help but ooze with pride for being a part of it!

This weekend I'll be sharing our story at 2 more Relay for Life events. I've been asked to speak at Oak Harbor and Highline. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the people I've met at different American Cancer Society events.

Rick is feeling better, but the fatigue is knocking him down. I'm really hoping that his blood counts come up and his energy level returns before they start the next round of chemo. Sometimes our body needs a little break so it can be re-charged. I know mine does and and I only take a chemo pill (but I play VERY HARD and that wears me out)

I've attached some photos that people have been sending me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Keep Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: