Thursday, June 26, 2008

Live in the moment

"Live in the moment". That's going to be my new motto. Sometimes we worry too much about what might happen, or what should happen, or could happen down the road. Instead, I think we all need to spend a little more time appreciating the here and now, friendships, family, a good book, laughing until we wet out pants (ok, maybe that just happens to me).

I have really good intentions to clean the house and get ready for my weekend guests but I keep finding more exciting things to do so I put house work on the back burner. My dear friend from high school, Kathi (and her daughter Heidi) are coming to spend the night tomorrow night so we can go to our other friends daughters wedding on Saturday. Then Sunday, my dear friend, Nancy (from General Hospital) and her daughter Kate are coming to spend a couple of days with us. It will be a busy weekend, but so worth it.

Rick got disconnected from his chemo today and is still feeling pretty good. I'm so thrilled that he didn't get sick this time around. Now we need to keep him healthy and get my hip to start feeling better. If we could accomplish that....we'd be in good shape.

Jake had 2 job interviews today for 3 different teaching jobs here in Stanwood. He is very excited about all of them. I'll let you know how it all went after everything gets decided.

I've got another busy day ahead of me tomorrow so I'd better call it a night.

Dreaming Big,
Dor


No comments: