Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We've been at Desert Aire for the past few days celebrating Mother's Day. On Friday afternoon, 7 of us piled into Mom and Dad's van and drove over for the weekend. I was in my element because I was cooking for everyone, and I had the kids following behind me, cleaning up. That's when I do my best work...when I don't have to clean up after myself. (I'm one messy cook) We played games all weekend...Sequence (a board game that we all love) and a horse race game that my dad made. It's a good thing we weren't playing for real money....Rick would have cleaned our clocks.

On Friday night the kids gave me my mother's day gifts. The first thing I opened was from Amy. She knew how much I loved the movie Juno so she brought it for me along with the soundtrack and some dark chocolate. She also bought me a HUGE card (the size of an album cover) because she said "size does matter" (when it comes to cards for your mom). Angie (and Shannon & Fuzz) got me an adorable Life is Good sweatshirt (that was originally on my birthday list). I loved it the moment I saw it! I'm sure you'll all get sick of me wearing it, but it's my new favorite. Then came Jake's gift. It was a mother's day letter he had written me as a 3rd grader (he'd framed it) and this is what it said. " The best mom today is Doreen Schmitt because she taught her son a lot of things. Like how to clean up his room and to put soap in the dishwasher and she goes to every game of her dautuer's and sons games. But she is a good cook and the best mom because she sniggles with her son. Love, Jay" We've been teasing Jake all weekend because I don't remember sniggling with him. I did however SNUGGLE with all of them. I'm a little concerned that he thought I was a good mother because I taught him how to clean. No wonder he's always picking up after me...

It's 7:00pm and it's time for the busy schedule to begin again. I'm going to try to slow down a bit this week. I know I always say that, but this week I'm actually going to work on it. Friday is the beginning of Angie's neighborhood garage sale and I'm going to help with it. I'm going to stay close to her house and not buy too much. I know the money goes to a great cause "Doreen's Dream Team" but I don't need more junk in my house.

Love you more than all the mothers who've ever sniggled with their children :)
Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dor, I just sniggled with Ryan this morning and it was a great way to start Mother's Day! Hope you had as good a day as I did-
Love,
Sheryl