Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We're off to see the Wizard

I've felt like Dorothy in the field of poppies on the Wizard of Oz lately. I seem to be sleeping much more than usual. Not only do I sleep in, but the moment I get in the car my eyes seem to close (unless I'm driving), when I sit still for any length of time my head starts bobbing... As you can imagine it's a lovely sight. Drool down my face, a constant sleep mark down my cheek, bloodshot eyes. Hey, that also sounds like I could be drunk. Let me assure you, that's not my problem. YET.

I promise I won't be sleeping when we get to Seattle today. My ears will be wide open as I hear the doctor tell us that Rick's chemo is kicking cancer's butt. I'll write a quick blog when I get home this afternoon to let you know how it goes. I have a Relay meeting tonight and our friends are flying in from Spokane so I won't have lots of extra computer time to chat with you for hours.

The plan is for Rick's dad to come home today. They found a small leaky valve in his heart and it doesn't pump the blood out of his chambers like it should, so his heart is working overtime. They've put him on blood thinners and a beta blocker to prevent a stroke. Apparently, this kind of problem happens as we get older. They figure once the meds start doing their job, he'll feel much better. When Rick and I talked to the doctor yesterday, he didn't seem very alarmed. He reminded us that Smitty is 83 and things just start wearing out. Other than this heart thing and the fact that he's a skinny old fart he's doing ok!

Love you more than all the miles we've put on our vehicle while driving to doctor's visits...On that note, I forgot to wish you all a happy EARTH DAY yesterday. Live Green :)

Dreaming Positive,
Doreen

No comments: