Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!

Happy 23rd Birthday Son. I'm hoping to be around to celebrate many more with you. :)

Rick and I had full intentions to leave the house for Seattle (scan day) by 7:00am. Instead, we woke up at 7:00am. Oops! The good thing is...it doesn't take us long to get ready and the traffic cooperated with us, so we were actually in Seattle EARLY. I'm not sure if I'm not sleeping well, or just what's going on, but I was groggy most of the day. I slept in the chair while waiting for Rick's scan to be complete, I slept the whole way home (until Rick stopped for lunch), then once I got home I laid on the couch and woke up to the phone ringing at 3:45. That better be counting as beauty sleep or I've just wasted some precious time.

This afternoon Rick's dad was taken to the hospital (by ambulance) because of an irregular heartbeat. He was having some pains in his chest and they can't seem to get his resting heart rate regulated. When we got to the hospital, Smitty had just eaten his dinner (and cleaned his plate with is unusual for my 130 pound father in law). He actually looked better than usual. Perhaps the IV drip to hydrate him and whatever meds they had given him to calm his heart down was the answer. They are keeping him in the hospital for a day or two for observation. I think it's a good place for him. I'll let you know how things go.

I'm off to bed now. It's been an exhausting day.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: