Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Wednesday~

I wrote a blog yesterday afternoon when we returned from Seattle but the internet went down during the middle of my typing so it didn't save anything. I tried all night to let you know how our day went but I just now got service. Sorry :(

Chemo went fine, leaving Seattle Cancer Care was another story. We had to wait for the fanny pack full of 5-FU (chemo) to be delivered and attached to Rick. The woman who was suppose to be there to do it had a few problems along the way. She was speeding, got pulled over by the police, pulled off the road too far, went in the ditch, and had to be pulled out by a tow truck. I would refer to this as a "bad day at work". She finally arrived over 2 hours late and we were on the road home by 2:30PM. We started the morning at 5:30AM. Ugh!

The kids were all here to check on their dad last night. While Rick was sleeping the 3 kids and I sat in the living room and talked and laughed for over an hour about things not related to cancer. We haven't done that in a long time and it felt really good.

I've been meaning to tell you that March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. If you haven't had a colonoscopy yet and you need one....get your "Butt to the Doctor". It could save your life.

This afternoon we're going to a field dedication for our friend and coach, Mike Chandler who died a year ago after living many happy years with a kidney transplant (from his wife). Hopefully, the field will be filled with ex-players, students, friends and family. The impact he made on the lives of students and student athletes in our community was phenomenal. This is a great way to show our thanks.

I'll write more tonight (unless I have an internet problem again). Until then, enjoy this beautiful weather, laugh out loud, and do a random act of kindness.

I just looked at the calendar as I was getting ready to publish this and I realized that today is my 23rd month survivor anniversary. Yahoo!

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: