Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We Survived...

It was a long day (especially long for me since I couldn't sleep on Monday night ~ afraid we might miss the alarm). Everything went smooth, we both rested nearly the whole time. Rick slept the whole way home (I had to stay awake since I was the driver).

The day began with so much anxiety. New chemo. Unknown side effects. No idea how his body would respond to the drug as it entered his veins. You see, if I don't have anything to worry about, I can find something around any corner. Thank God it was pretty uneventful.

When we got home, Rick was feeling well enough to rip the dryer apart (it's been making a weird noise). I had fallen asleep on the sofa almost immediately after we returned from Seattle so I didn't know he was doing this. About 4:30 he woke me up on the couch to see if I wanted to go shopping for a new dryer. I guess the problem was more than just some noise.

After getting our new dryer, Rick felt the first signs of the chemo. He bought a cup of swirl icecream at Costco and couldn't hold the cup. The cold caused pain. As of last night, the intolerance to cold has worked its way to Rick's throat as well. Not as bad as his hands, but something he's not looking forward to. I guess this neuropathy isn't effected by hot, only cold.

Honestly, we are doing great here at the Schmitt house. I've got a massage in about 45 minutes so I'd better jump in the shower and head into town.

Thanks for all your love and prayers.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the day went well. We've been anxious to hear the update. Thanks for keeping up the blog - we love to check in.

Love,

Allison