Thursday, February 21, 2008

So far, so good

Today was another "pretty good" day for Rick. He stayed at work until closing, though once he got in the house and hit the chair he was snoozing. My day was perfectly uneventful. I got lots of things done. I cleaned bathrooms, re-caulked my sinks, cooked a pot roast for dinner, had some visitors, and never left the house. It was wonderful. Tonight I watched my niece for a couple of hours while her mom went to a meeting and her dad was a work. It's always nice to have a little one on one with her.

I have lots of fun things planned for tomorrow. I'm going to the Seattle Garden Show then to a play "Laughter on the 23rd floor" in Everett tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to a day of fun with some friends. Fun never hurt anyone...Ok, maybe it did...but I'll be careful.

Good luck to the Spartans tomorrow night. If our boys basketball team wins, they'll be heading to state next weekend. I would be at the game if I didn't already have plans. I'll send my boys to cheer them on. Go Spartans!

We are pleasantly surprised at how well Rick's body is handling this new chemo. I know things can change, but for the meantime, we feel really blessed.

For all you members of Doreen's Dream Teams, there's no time like today to start fundraising. I'll be having a meeting soon to make sure we're all on the same page when it comes to our goals, but for now, just ask. It's hard for anyone to turn you down when your fundraising efforts go towards such a great cause. For instance, I'm only $9.00 away from $1,000...so anyone who's been waiting for just the right time to donate...tonight's the night.

http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeGreatWestDivision?fr_id=6258&pg=entry

Dreaming of nine more dollars,
Dor

No comments: