Sunday, January 06, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Last night we had a little house guest. Darlena (our 2 year old niece) spent the night with us while her Mommy and Daddy had a date. Her sister, Baby Jacqueline stayed with us too while mommy and daddy went to dinner, but Darlena wanted to spend the night at Auntie's house. Oh, sure it was a blast having popcorn and watching Fox and the Hound 1 and 2...but after midnight, she woke up and said..."I miss my Mommy and Daddy. And my baby sister...and Sadie our dog". I reminded her that Mommy and Daddy were sleeping and Auntie doesn't have a car seat to bring her home. One of the things I didn't mention is that she's potty trained so we don't give her anything to drink after about 6:00pm. (Unless you've given her popcorn at 8:00pm and she keeps waking up saying, "Auntie, is it morning yet?...I need water, I need orange juice, I need milk". ) I finally caved in, gave her a few sips of water, rubbed her back, brought her some fruity cheerios and we sang. All of these things helped with the crying, but I think she kept one eye open the rest of the night ~ Waiting for "morning" to come so she could have pancakes and orange juice. When her daddy got here to pick her up, she told him she wasn't ready to go yet. Go figure :) The important this is, we had a blast. Sleep or no sleep.

For those of you who don't live in the Pacific Northwest, let me give you a weather update. It may come as a surprise to you "BUT IT'S COLD and RAINING".

I'm feeling much better but I still have a few reminders about the winter cold I've been harboring for the past week. I hope you're all able to avoid getting this. If not, just be patient...it will eventually clear up. What's the old saying? Your cold will last for 14 days if you don't take any medicine. 2 weeks if you do. (I believe this to be a true statement)

Rick is doing well with this batch of chemo so far. (knock on wood) It's hard to believe he's sick and has all these toxins running through his veins. Because, when you see him, he has a nice "healthy tan" and looks better than ever.

Tonight is a new episode of Desperate Housewives. Though I'm not Desperate...I love to watch it so I'd better get off the computer, clean up the dishes from tonight's dinner, and get my jammies on.

Don't forget about the Relay Kick-Off on Thursday the 10th at the Cinemas. Call me for more information.

I love you more than all the puddles of rain in Washington.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: