Monday, January 28, 2008

Magnificient Monday

I know it's not Thanksgiving, but I like to give thanks every opportunity I get. Below is yet another reason to feel thankful.

Here's a little note Angie got today from her friend and fellow referee Penny: In the spirit of defying the odds and doing things beyond expectation, I want to make a donation of a game fee to this cause. This game fee of $95 will be earned on Wednesday February 13th at Skagit CC, when I become one of the first women to referee a men's game on that court. I'll be working the game in celebration of your mother's health and in support of your fund raising efforts.

Rick doesn't seem like himself this round of chemo. Nothing tastes the same, he seems really fatigued, and very quiet. He says he feels "pretty good" but that's his standard answer. I just hope I don't give him my cold/sinus/stuffy head symptoms.

Jake and Megan have solidified a date and place for their wedding. December 27th, 2008 at Floral Hall in Everett. We toured it today and it's very warm and cozy . It has the feeling of a Country Cabin. It's going to be great fun. The kids told me today that I will have a limit on how many people I can invite. Jake reminded me it's his wedding so he gets to invite his people first. Alright already :)

I was going to make oatmeal cookies tonight (they're Rick's favorites) but I spilled dinner all over the oven so I can't bake anything until I clean it out. Where's my maid when I need her? Where's that sexy oven cleaner guy with the bald head? Oh wait, maybe that guy just cleans floors... Long story short. Dirty oven. No cookies.

I heard a quote on Extreme Home Makeover last night....it went like this ~ If you're not giving, you're not living. That's powerful. Let's keep living.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

No comments: