Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happy Saturday

Nothing exciting was planned for today, but Rick's Aunt Fran and Uncle Chuck stopped by for a visit, as well as Angie, her friend Shannon and Rick's brother Jeff. It was nice to have these unexpected visits. There's nothing better on a cold winter day than a fire going and friends around.

Rick is sleeping in front of the wood stove right now. He's been feeling pretty good lately, but he seems to get fatigued much easier than usual. I'm pretty sure when he laid down it was with the intent to watch the Arizona/Washington State basketball game (he didn't last very long).

Our visitors are gone now, so I think I'll go clean up the mess I made earlier in the kitchen, and start a new mess for dinner.

As I was telling my friend the story about the woman who got up and moved when I coughed at the Cancer Care the other day, I heard myself repeat what I told the gentleman who was also getting up to leave my area. I said "you don't have to leave. I'm not sick. I just have lung cancer". It that an oxymoron or what?

We're expecting snow tonight. I can't wait. I'd like it all to be melted by Monday so everyone can drive safely to work, but a little white covering always looks beautiful.

Dreaming White,
Doreen

No comments: