Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blogger Problems...

I know you were thinking that I forgot how to write. I didn't forget. I just had some blog malfunctions. But, I'm here now with lots to share. I planned on writing something yesterday but instead we went to the Stanwood Girls Basketball game. We were there to watch the girls but also to watch the official, Angie. She does such a great job. And I love it when she calls a "drawn charge", she looks very tough.

Chemo went well for Rick today. He's tired, but that's to be expected. His blood counts were all close to the "normal" range. We never look for everything to be normal. I'm not sure if we were ever "normal" before cancer, why start now? Next Thursday, Rick will have a scan that will let us know if the chemo is still working. I believe.

I had a really weird experience today at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. They have had many people get sick recently with a respiratory infections, so as I told you before, if you have any symptoms they make you wear rubber gloves and face masks. I'm symptom free so I was able to just be myself today. As I sat with Rick after he'd had his blood draw, I coughed. Just a regular cough from someone with lung cancer, nothing scary. I covered my mouth and didn't think much of it. The woman next to me jumped up and walked to the other side of the room. The two people sitting across from me jumped up as well and joined her. I tried to explain that I wasn't coughing because I had a respiratory infection but rather an annoying cough from lung cancer. They wouldn't stay around long enough to hear it. I'm sure to them I just looked like someone who escorted a sick person to the hospital.

Today was a very long day for me. We got up around 5:15 for our trek to Seattle. We got home around 2:30, I made a few changes to my PowerPoint presentation, printed out my newest speech for the Whatcom County Kick-off, drove to Bellingham (Pam came along as my moral support...instead she bribed me with candy if I could make it through the speech without crying...I didn't need the candy anyway). After the presentation, we stopped at Amy's favorite Thai restaurant in Bellingham (even though Amy wasn't with us...Sorry Ams...but it was very good). We had a wonderful time.

It's been a pretty busy week (again) so I'm going to lay low tomorrow. I think I'll sleep in, then maybe have coffee with a friend or two. Run a couple of errands. Then it's back home in my cozy living room where I'll try to finish a scarf I started a couple of weeks ago.

Jake has an interview in the Mukilteo School District on Monday. Not necessarly for a full time job, but at least for subbing in their district if they need him. He's been really busy teaching lately. It's nice that all the hard work paid off.

Dreaming Big Dreams,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I was listening to the radio today and I heard two commercials from the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance educating about lung cancer and getting screened. I was excited to see some publicity finally getting out in the media! And of course I thought of you Dor!

I'm dreaming big!