Monday, December 10, 2007

Where's Dor?

I'm here. We celebrated Christmas yesterday with family and friends and had a great time. I suggested that we celebrate early like this from now on. The stress of the holiday season is behind me and now I feel like I can really enjoy Christmas. Our friend Bev met us at our house before everyone arrived and took a bunch of family photos. I can't wait to see the finished products.

When I got up this morning I looked around and felt a real joy. We are planning a special trip during the holidays this year and now I can concentrate on getting ready for that. I'll share it all with you as we get closer to our journey.

Rick and I are both feeling pretty good. Rick has one more week of chemo pills for the year, until 2008. I know that's just around the corner, but it sounds like so much more time when I say it that way. He bumped his leg a couple of weeks ago and it's still giving him a little problem (the blood thinner shots keep him from healing as quickly). We are going to keep a close eye on it over the next few days. If it doesn't get better soon, I'm making him an appointment to have it checked. I don't even have to beg him to go to a doctor anymore. If I have a feeling about something, he lets me have my way. Hey, it should have always been this way.. My cough is much, much better than it was in November.

Today, I met my friend Val at Skagit Gardens. It is a local nursery during the spring and summer and a Holiday Heaven in the winter. We spent over 3 hours looking at every tree, ornament, and holiday item on display. Luckily, they serve a great lunch as well. Otherwise, we may have gone hungry. We had the best time...Thanks Val.

While we were celebrating Christmas yesterday, Angie was helping make a little boys dream come true. She said he was elated with everything from the jersey the Seahawks gave him, to the signed photo, and autographs he got from players. She sounded like the day was almost as special for her as it was for the little guy. For all the love and support we've received from people over the past year and a half...I'd say she was just paying it forward.

Speaking of paying it forward, Amy got called up again to help with flood victims. I talked to her tonight and she sounded exhausted. With so much devastation, it will be a long time before these people feel "normal" again. Though it's a different situation than hurricane Katrina, the destruction of peoples lives is very much the same. Amy's been taking photos and we'll post them when she gets home. She says they look bad, but nothing in comparison to the real thing. I know Thanksgiving is over, but everyday is a day to be THANKFUL.

I love you more than all the frantic shoppers in malls across America...

Dream Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doreen,

I know your wonderful trip is coming up soon. Just a packing tip from a flight attendant of 23 years...Throw and Go! Don't stress. There are irons in the hotels. Besides, you won't need to iron that bikini you'll be living in anyway! Ahhh! I can feel the sea breeze and smell the tropical air! Have a fabulous, relaxing escape! Hugs and Merry Christmas!