Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blog #496

As I was signing in today to write this blog I noticed I was 5 short entries away from my 500th. That, my friends is a lot of typing (now I know why my house isn't spotless). I'm working on a special entry to celebrate the day.

Yesterday was a busy, emotional day. I attempted to get all my presents wrapped and the house organized for Sunday's Christmas celebration. Instead, I went to my cousin's memorial service. He was only 48 but had lived a hard life. I'm sorry I didn't know him better as he had gotten older. Cousins sometimes disconnect when our families get big. I contemplated all morning if I was going to attend the funeral. Not because I didn't want to pay my respects, but because I knew I would be sitting with my mom and dad and I wasn't sure how they would react. The truth is, it was a good day for all of us (emotional, but good).

I think I'm ready for my Christmas gathering tomorrow, if not...it will happen anyway. Amy was called up on Thursday for the Air National Guard, to help with flood victims. She was released tonight, so we'll get to see her tomorrow as well. Angie has been working on getting Seahawks tickets for one of her students who's mommy died of cancer last year. He is a twin so Angie has a special little bond with him. With amazing friends like we've been blessed with, Angie got tickets and gets to go on the field with her friend Shannon, her little buddy and his dad. They have to be at Quest field by 11:30, so we'll only see Angie for a little while. Just seeing her face as she talks about how excited this little boy is, is the best gift Angie could have gotten this Christmas. I can't wait to hear her story when she returns.

I went to the high school play "It's a Wonderful Life" Friday night with some friends. Afterwards, we went to Amigos (our favorite local Mexican Restaurant). We visited and laughed until we couldn't take it any longer, honestly it was the hardest I've laughed in months. Thankfully, they put us in the banquet room so we didn't annoy any of the other customers.

Rick and Jake got the outdoor Christmas lights put up today (while I had my nails done...gotta get your priorities straight) It was a nice surprise since I didnt' think we weren't putting any up this year .

I'm excited to share a bunch of photos with you that were taken at the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Gala in November. I got to see them today but I can't download them yet. When I figure it out....you'll be the first ones I share them with.

As I sit here in my living room and write this blog on my lap top, I can't help but think~this is a GOOD life we live. We have a fire burning, the Christmas tree is glowing (it's a pre-lit tree with 1,200 lights on it), the house is clean, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nick...wait, that's a different story. Until tomorrow...Love your neighbor, love your family, love your friends, love yourself :)

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: