Saturday, December 01, 2007

Loving Life

These past 2 days have felt very "normal". My coughing has nearly stopped (with the help of some meds) and I've just played with my friends.

Yesterday I got a pedicure with Val, went to lunch, shopped around town, headed home and met up with Rick and Jake. We went to the first home Stanwood boys basketball game (they won) and we had a great time seeing all our "old familiar friends". After the game we met up with some friends at a local Mexican restaurant for a couple of hours. It was really fun to be back in the middle of a life I'm so familiar with.

This morning we woke up to a little snow on the ground. Last year around this time our friends Reid and Cathy picked me up and we drove around like fools in the snowy weather. Once we saw the snow this morning we looked at it as a tradition we started last year, as opposed to the weather being a burden. So, they picked me up again this morning (Rick and Jake stayed back to cut wood) and we drove around looking for the slippery roads. We never found them, but we took scenic routes, went to lunch, took photos of the snow geese, and went shopping. All in all it was a lot of fun and I got to forget about all the "drama" in our lives. What a wonderful day.

Rick and Jake just got home from cutting wood. Their toes and fingers are frozen like popscicles and lucky for them, I started a pot of vegetable beef soup when I got home this afternoon. They'll be warmed up before you know it.

When I was at the basketball game last night a friend was telling me how she thought of me the other day because she knows how important I try to make my "moments". She said she was bowling with some relatives (some who smoke), and when they weren't bowling they went outside in the cold to smoke while the non-smokers stayed inside and laughed and made memories. It was at that time that she realized how many moments they were missing out on, just for a cigarette. Wow. That was pretty powerful.

In case I haven't told you lately, I love my life.

Love you more than all the snowflakes falling in the great northwest!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

CFCINA said...

Hi Doreen,
Happy December 1st!!! Glad your coughing has nearly stopped. Sounds like you had another GREAT day today. I was hoping we were gonna get some real snow today down here in Oregon -- guess maybe I'll just keeping hoping for a white Christmas!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

~ Kathy C.
A friend in Hillsboro, OR