Thursday, November 29, 2007

Quick little blog

Rick and I went to dinner tonight with a group of farmers who he does business with in Skagit County. They always treat us so nice that it's one of those events I look forward to attending.

I got a great night of sleep last night so I felt very rested today. After my shower, I met Pam for lunch and we visited a little shop in downtown Stanwood (during Pam's lunch break). I've seen my work friends nearly every day this week and I'm reminded how much I miss being around them.

When I think of returning to work, I'm excited to be able to see my friends on a regular basis, but when I think of the work load...ugh, I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm sure I can still do the job, but my way of working always involved a little extra... and that's the part I'm not sure I have. I have a scan on Tuesday and the results on Wednesday. Hopefully, these results will come back without much change, and I'll return to work after the holidays. If not, we'll re-adjust and make a new plan.

Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day (or a portion of it) with my buddy Val. I love her company and for as close as we live to one another, you'd think we would visit on a regular basis. No such luck. I plan on savoring my time with her, and hopefully we'll meet up with our honeys (Dave and Rick) for a movie and dinner tomorrow night.

My cough is much better. I don't know if it's better internally, but the medicines have definitely made the coughing subside. Rick had a great day today. He hasn't had to take chemo drugs since Monday and it's starting to show. He always feels much better without them. Who wouldn't.

I'm going to bed now to watch my TIVO'd version of Grey's Anatomy. Without commercials, we can get through it in 40 minutes.

Love you more than all the Christmas lights I saw on our way to dinner. :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: