Monday, November 19, 2007

Just returned from the benefit concert

We just returned from Noah Wick's Benefit Concert in Seattle. The venue was awesome (it was held at the Triple Door), the food was delicious, we enjoyed the music of 2 different bands, and we had front row seats. The money raised went to the Shelby Webster Testicular Cancer Foundation. What a great event! It was nice to spend some time with my girls doing something other than traveling or watching football. Angie's friend Shannon (from Portland) and Amy's friend Jessie (from Virginia) joined us as well. Janeen and I had not seen each other in a while, so it was good to spend some time with her, too! We all had a great time.

I have another doctor appointment on Wednesday (my regular monthly visit...last week didn't count). Rick won't let me go alone, so this time I'm taking my mom and dad with me. I think they need to see how beautiful Seattle Cancer Care is and how nice the people are who take care of us. I know my parents are sad when we talk about the "C" word, but maybe this little journey will puts their hearts at ease. If nothing else, I'll get to spend a little quality time with them. I don't do it often enough.

Our friends Bob and Dy are coming over on Friday for a post Thanksgiving weekend visit. We haven't seen them in a couple of months and I sure miss them. I can't wait!

I'd better get to bed now. You know how much I need my beauty sleep...

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: