Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The tooth is out!


The extraction went well. Rick is still very groggy and in pain, but all of that will ease up with time. We stopped the blood thinner today for the procedure but we'll start up again tomorrow. Rick had his first round of chemo pills last night and so far, so good! As soon as he wakes up out of this stupor I'll give him more. Just call me Nurse Dore'.

My head is still aching, nothing major...Just a small pounding jack hammer in a steel drum. Dr. Eaton called this morning to say the MRI was clear (except it's overflowing with brains and ideas). I think today we'll just take it easy. Watch a little TV. Take a nap. Snuggle on the couch with a warm fire burning. See? Cancer does have some good side effects too :)

I'm off to make jello and pudding. Nothing warm/hot until tomorrow. :(

Let's not forget that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. If you haven't had a mammogram it's time to sign up for one now. Some cancers are curable when they are detected early. Breast cancer is one of them. Awareness and funding have made this opportunity possible. Now get out there and save the boobies!

Keep dreaming big...
Dor

3 comments:

CFCINA said...

Glad the tooth extraction went well! Take a nap for me too!!

Take care,
A friend in Hillsboro, OR
Kathy C.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but read your blog every day. Been saying lots of prayers for you and your hubby (and kids too) So glad your scan was clean!! My sister met you at the Bonnie Addario Fund Raiser in November, She's Bonnie's sister in law. I'm hoping to see Bonnie in a few weeks at her sister in laws baby shower and I want to hear all about Ellen and your adventure!

Cathy Barry catbar28@aol.com

Dave in MT said...

Ford has an interesting breast cancer campaign going, "Warriors in Pink." Here's the address:

http://tinyurl.com/2ccedc