Saturday, October 06, 2007

Headache Remedies?

I started writing a blog yesterday, but I was "blogged down" by this aching head. I just laid low (except for the 2 hours in the late afternoon when I went to a movie with Amy and Angie). I'm hoping that by staying close to home, getting some work done around here, and relieving a little stress will do the job.

Now, if that doesn't work...I may need your grandmother's old time remedies. "Stick your feet in a pot of boiling water...your feet will hurt so bad it will take the pain away from your head". You know, those kind of ideas.

Rick is getting better everyday. No real side effects yet to the chemo. His mouth is healing well. This "chemo lite" is working well so far. And me? Different day, same lung cancer, same feisty attitude. I'm still talking to the Tarceva daily. "Keep doing your job...because I've got a job to do". So far, so GREAT!

Lately I've been wondering where I would be today if not for lung cancer. Would I have met so many people who have changed my life? I'm sure life would still have been rewarding, memorable, fun...but would it have been so meaningful? Would my eyes be this wide open?
My wish for all of you is that you learn from our experiences. I want you, to take care of YOU first. LAUGH out loud. LIVE through adversity. LOVE with all your heart. Participate in your LIFE!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: