Sunday, October 07, 2007

Late night Sunday

I was going to write hours ago, but my day was full of family, fun, cooking and knitting...I'm just now settling down for the night. Perhaps this is why I have an ongoing headache. No rest for the weary.

Tomorrow will be the first Monday I've had since I went on my long term leave that I have not had something pre-planned to do (if it wasn't a doctor's visit...it was the Ellen show-what's a girl to do?). Though I'm looking forward to settling down into a routine of taking care of personal business, I have bittersweet thoughts about work. I miss my friends and co-workers. We get together every once in a while for lunch, I'll stop by to see them, or we'll talk on the phone....but it's not the same as our daily banter with one another. Sheryl, the gal who subbed a majority of the time for me while I was out on sick days, will take over until at least the first of the year and she'll do a great job. I'll re-evaluate our situation and decide where we go from there when my 90 days is up.

Health wise, Rick seems a little more fatigued than usual (the chemo pills might be kicking in) and my headache seems to be letting up a little (I'm going to call about it in the morning). This kind of news is easy to write about. Headache and tired? Who isn't effected by these things all the time?

When I sat down at the computer tonight I felt like I had so much to say. Now that I'm sitting here I can't think of a thing to tell you. Whatever it was must not have been too important.

The weather these past few days has put me in the knitting mood again. In the past 2 days I've finished 2 more scarves, worked on an afghan, and started 2 more scarves. Our living room looks like a yarn store. I'm not sure life gets much better than a fire going, the family playing Wii and me knitting.

Dream On.
Dor

No comments: