Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Daily Scoop...

Rick had another terrible night of sleep. Chemo has it's way of keeping it's victims up at night. The good part is... his fanny pack of poison comes off tomorrow, so by tomorrow night he should be able to get a good night's rest. Perhaps I'll make him a list of things to do while he's wandering around at 3:00am tonight. Ironing is quiet, dusting is quiet...yeah, that's a good idea!

Since my mini-meltdown on Sunday, I've been thinking of things to ask my doctor. This morning at 5:55 I wrote him a little e-mail with all my current questions (I don't know how often he checks his e-mail so I figured it might take a few days for him to respond) By the time I got to work, he had already responded to my concerns and I feel so much better. The unknown stuff really has a way of making my mind wander. Once I know...I can move ahead. He gave me a list of my potential chemo cocktails (depending on how quickly the cancer is coming back). I looked them all up...none of them look as promising as a strawberry margarita, and I'm sure they won't have the same effect on me, but if that's what I need it...then BRING IT ON...

Today was a busy day at work and apparently it kicked my behind. I got home around 4:00, laid on Jake's bed to talk to him for a minute and woke up around 7:00 when Rick came in an laid by me. OK, I'm awake now. I really need to get some work done around this place.

I sure hope Angie has a speedy recovery. I think she was feeling better today. My mom spent the day with her again. I feel better when she's not home alone.

I spoke with Amy tonight and she is having a nice time in Montana. Relaxing, hiking, getting some much needed time away from this rat race that we call life.

Dinner was an easy fix tonight. Last night I made a big pot of split pea soup and a big pan of lasagna, so tonight it's pick your leftover. Oh, and there is always popcorn if you don't like those choices.

I'd best be getting off the computer now since I haven't done anything productive since I've been home.

Love you more than all the heavy backpacks being carried home from school today.

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: