Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Another Blesssed Day in Seattle

I'm sitting here in the Resource Center at Seattle Cancer Care while we are waiting for Rick's chemo drugs to arrive. I just got confirmation on my scan date and time as well as the follow-up appointment with Dr. Eaton. It is all very REAL now. Real scary. Real ridiculous. Real Cancer. And, I'm a Real Survivor.

We have our favorite nurse Karen again today. It's amazing how much a familiar face helps when you're going through anything like this. She makes us laugh, she looks like Jane Gum, and she's phenomenal. We asked today if they have any rooms with 2 beds in it but no luck. Maybe they will let us snuggle in the same bed while we are both having treatments? Probably not, but it sure can't hurt to ask.

I feel a little guilty about not being at work today, but I've called (a bunch of times) and everything seems to be going well. It gives me peace knowing that I haven't left the office in a frenzy. Oh, even if I did ~ no one would tell me. They don't want me to worry - yeah right!

I spoke with Angie this morning and she seemed to have a decent night's sleep and is doing better than yesterday. She actually woke up at 4:00 am and took a shower. I don't know how safe that seems, but she said it made her feel better. Grandma Myrna is staying with her today so she's not alone (and I'm sure she's trying to heal Angie with food...) We are so fortunate to have so many people around us who love and support our family.

I'd better get back upstairs with Rick to make sure everything is going well. Remember, I think I'm just short of my doctorate.

Love you more than all the raindrops falling in Seattle this morning.

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doreen,

I know the chemo routine well - please give Rick a hug from me.

I don't have as many credits toward my doctorate as you do, but could I possibly be your understudy?

Much love,
Linda Z.