Monday, September 03, 2007

Angie's Cough

For the past week (month) or so, Angie has had terrible allergies and a cough that went along with it. After a little sinus spray and some Claritin, her allergies seemed to be getting better. The cough however has been holding on. You know how I feel about coughs....I believe they are only useful to dislodge something from our throats. Last night after dinner at Jimmy's Pizza (a family favorite) Angie bent over to cough and threw her back out. Now as she coughs, she screams in pain. It's terrible to watch. I spent the day with her. I'm not sure if I was any help, but it helped me to be with her.

Life is funny sometimes. Last night I was sobbing about all my woes...then I woke up this morning to a phone call from Angie who needed her "mom" and somehow last night just doesn't seem that important anymore. Today felt "normal".

I'm going to make this short. Tomorrow is chemo day so we'll head to bed early. Jake starts school (student teaching) tomorrow as well. Angie is suppose to start work tomorrow too, but unless they bring the students to her bedside, I don't think she'll be any good to anyone for a couple of days. Amy is visiting a friend in Missoula for a few days then it's off to Reno for ACS event and to meet Bonnie in person. Then there's me. I'm just going with the flow... Today, the stream just seems to be calmer than usual.

Love you more than all the kids on school buses tomorrow.

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Dave in MT said...

Ah, allergies. The main reason we moved to Montana several years ago and the drier climate has been a big help. However, for the last several years we've looked upon August with particular dread because the valley fills with smoke from surrounding forest fires and it's awful. This year is particularly bad; it started in July and is thicker than last year. They can't get the fires out so we have to wait for first snowfall. Amy may or may not get a taste of it in Missoula, although if she's there long enough she probably will. Have Angie ask her doctor about Nasonex. I've tried a lot of things but to date it's worked out best, and you can get it from Canada at about 1/3 of what it costs here.