Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back from Seattle

Here's what I know. Chemo went well for Rick. We met with the Doc around 3:00 and the plan for now is to have chemo on the 4th of September, then again on the 18th of September. Before his chemo on the 18th, they will do a CT scan. On September 26th, we have an appointment to meet with Rick's doctor to discuss what the test results had to say and work on a long term plan. As long as the chemo has been working, and the radiation did some good, Dr. Whitting thought he might have Rick continue with the chemo regime he's been on, but maybe drop the 46 hour pack he brings home each time. We'll keep you posted as things progress.

We stopped by Northwest Hospital (since we haven't spent enough time in medical facilities lately) to see my boss, Tom Wilfong. Long story short, he has been leaking spinal fluid and has what they call low pressure syndrome. I was in the room while the doctor was explaining it, and I assured him that we have plenty of "pressure" in our office, but I don't think that has anything to do with his problem. He'll be in the hospital for a few days (at the least) while they check to see if the leak repairs itself. If not, he'll need to go back in for surgery. I know he's anxious to get started bossing me around, but it will have to wait until he's feeling better.

Oh, I forgot to mention, while we were waiting to see Rick's doctor todayI went to the "knit for life" class at Seattle Cancer Care. It is where women (and men if they're interested) sit around and knit hats, scarves, or whatever for cancer patients. It is used as a tool for relaxation and sharing stories. I loved it! People just donate yarns and needles and share their love of knitting and life. If that combination doesn't have my name written all over it, I don't know what does.

I need to go now so I can do a little "heat therapy" better known as ironing.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: