Saturday, July 07, 2007

What a day...Put a fork in me, I'm done!

I woke up this morning with my day somewhat mapped out. I have many things to do before we leave for the Dakotas. Instead, I called our dealer (car not drug) to see if they could fit me in for an oil change before Tuesday. I wasn't due for one yet, but Rick thought we should do it now since we'll be driving over 3,000 miles - round trip. They were happy to "fit" me in, give me a loner car and said they would call when it was done. I got there at 9:00ish and picked it up tonight at 5:00. I'm very happy the SUV got an oil change, but I didn't get much of anything else done (I did do a little shopping and picked up a few items for our vacation).

When I arrived home, our friends Reid and Cathy stopped by to bring us dinner. Their son Scott, caught and cooked dungness crab today, so we had fresh crab salad and beef kabobs. We are so spoiled and very grateful.

After dinner, I ventured over to my sister-in-laws house where she highlighted and cut my hair and I cut hers. It doesn't sound like a very fair trade but she didn't seem to mind. Now, I'm ready to head off "into the wild blue yonder"...wait....I'm ready to go "home, home on the range, where the deer and the antelope play"... Oh, I guess I'm just ready for a vacation.

Dream Big Dreams,
Dor

No comments: