Sunday, July 01, 2007

We're HOME!

After an overwhelming week we are finally back home. Rick is still feeling pretty good (as a matter of fact he's been at work since we got home) He came back to the house for dinner then he's heading back down to the office. I know he'll feel better once he does a little catch up work. I just know what an ordeal his body has been through so I want him to take it easy for a few more days.

It's chemo day again tomorrow. We were hoping to go to Desert Aire for the 4th of July, but with chemo scheduled this week, it's nearly impossible. We'll be heading to South Dakota soon, so I think we need to stay around home for awhile and enjoy the life we have that's right in front of us.

Over the weekend, I learned some very sad news. All during high school and for a year at college, Amy and Angie played basketball with, or against a terrific athlete named Kim Bergsma. 2 years ago we learned that Kim's mother, Rachel, had lung cancer. She was young, healthy and active. Rachel called me shortly after I was diagnosed and encouraged me to be strong, be my own best advocate, go to the Seattle Cancer Care for the best treatment. It was because of her that Dr. Eaton is my oncologist. She was upbeat, full of life and very courageous. She passed away on Wednesday at the age of 53. She was expecting her first grandchild in 4 months. My heart is full of sorrow for their family.

I didn't tell you this news for you to be sad. I just wanted to let this be a gentle reminder to tell your friends and family how much you love them, because life is short.

I'll leave you with the saying off a plaque I saw on vacation last year...
Dream as if you'll live forever...Life as if you'll die today~

Dreaming Big,
Doreen
Publish Post

No comments: