Monday, July 02, 2007

Think Positive, Be Thankful, Don't Complain

Those were just reminders to myself considering the day we had. We got to Seattle this morning with plenty of time to spare. However, the whole day was kind of mixed up. We had to wait for Rick's blood work to come back before they would order the chemo, so instead of his treatment beginning at 10:00am, it didn't start until around 11:45am. Then about 1:30 or so, the nurse came in to say there had been a mix up with Rick's 5-FU (that's chemo in the fanny pack he wears around for 46 hours after his treatment). The infusion people couldn't make it to the hospital to hook up his chemo until 4:30 this afternoon. We've been away from home for long enough in the past 10 days. We told them that wouldn't work for us, so tomorrow they are coming to Stanwood. We don't have too many complaints about Seattle Cancer Care, but sometimes the scheduling needs a little refining.

I am very happy with the results of our treatments, I'm thankful for the incredible doctors we've been so lucky to get, and with all the people who enter the walls of cancer...there are bound to be a few mix-ups. Today I'm just a little frustrated. I'll get over it soon :)

I'm heading back to work tomorrow. I needed to be in my office the last week of June, but since I had more important things (Rick) to worry about, I'm going to make it up this week. I'm hoping to get lots of work done since no one else will be around.

I wish I had been with Amy and Angie today while they went to the funeral service for Rachel Bergsma. I know they are big girls but it never hurts to have your mom next to your side holding your hand when you're full of sorrow.

Gotta go for now. I'm going to start dinner. Pork Chops....

Love you more than all the dandelions in our field...

Dreaming Dor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the service for Rachel Bergsma today a friend of the family read letters that each of Rachel's kids (and husband) wrote for her after she passed. One of her children wrote that they will never again complain of being "tired" after watching the way their mom fought and fought this disease without ever letting up. That is how I feel tonight. I often find myself complaining of a sore neck, busy day, aching feet or whatever. I say that I am "tired" a lot. I think the message today from Rachel's child was a "take-home message" for me too. After a long day today I am not tired, I am thankful and blessed to have had the opportunity to experience it.

Dreaming BIG and Complaining small-

Angie

Anonymous said...

DITTO. I couldn't agree with you more.